Sunday, September 16, 2012

Son-Day: Behold...Alma 44:9



Every have a scripture that just sticks with you?
That everything you cry to the Lord, He sends you to one spot in your scriptures?
Alma 44:9 is mine.
I will admit, I got (somewhat) fustrated at this verse.  I have broke it down and broke it down.   I even said "I GET IT!!" more than once.  I know this chapter is mine.  For me.  But its a bloody battle chapter and somewhat...whats the word...icky? 

However, I realized I was 'poo-pooing' revelation.  I was saying to God, I don't NEED anymore info in that area.  Shame.  Thank goodness for repentance, a chance to re-align and go again.

I know God has put 'magic' in His word, and His most awesome Holy Ghost has MUCH to give me, in this chapter.  In this verse.   In just one word.  I also know when I'm needing, this is my starting place.  (took me YEARS to figure that one out:)

The whole verse says:
Behold, we are anot of your faith; we do not believe that it is God that has delivered us into your hands; but we believe that it is your cunning that has preserved you from our swords. Behold, it is your bbreastplates and your shields that have preserved you.  Alma 44:9

But, for now, I am focusing on this part.

"...Behold, it is your breastplates and your shields that have preserved you."  Alma 44:9

The righteous KNOW what preserves them.

~God Bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment